I am spreading my love and joy for all things coconut, so here is my all time fav coconut cake recipe for you! Yummy!
√ 3/4 pound (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pans
√ 2 cups sugar
√ 3 eggs, at room temperature
√ 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
√ 3 cups all-purpose flour,
plus more for dusting the pans
√ 1 cup coconut flour (optional as substitute for 1 cup all- purpose flour instead)
√ 1 teaspoon baking powder
√ 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
√ 1 1/2 cup milk
√ 4 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- First preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 (9-inch) round or in my case ‘heart shaped’ baking cake pan.
- In the large bowl cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 3 to 5 minutes with your hand held electric mixer, until light yellow and fluffy. Crack the eggs into a small bowl. With the mixer on medium speed, add the eggs 1 at a time, scraping down the bowl once during mixing. Add the vanilla extracts and mix well. You may decide to add some coconut oil if you have, but this is not a necessity.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the dry ingredients and the milk to the batter in 3 parts, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Finally fold in the 4 ounces of coconut with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the batter evenly into your pan and smooth the top with a knife or spatula.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until the top is browned and a cake tester comes out clean. Cool on a baking rack for 30 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a baking rack to finish cooling.
- Serve with a slice of coconut cake with a cuppa tea or ice cream!!
Looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful coconut cakes! Tag me on Instagram @deepsmak so I can see!
DeepsMak Blogging with a Cuppa