Spaghetti Squash is my new fav thing. I love pasta, but sometimes I need a break from all of that starch. Spaghetti Squash is basically a pasta substitute (stringy thin noodle style) and is really healthy and filling.
And a huge plus point is, you can actually use the half cut squash as your bowl. In fact it’s the bowl that just keeps on giving – because you can continue scooping out your spaghetti as you eat! Check out my simple vegetarian/vegan recipe below for a healthy and yummy meal.
Spaghetti Squash takes 45 minutes to cook in the oven and there is little prep work involved before you put it in the oven. Total cook time 50-55 mins.
- Pre-heat oven at 350c to bake
- Cut Spaghetti Squash in half (sometimes it’s really hard to cut through, I actually stick it straight in the oven so it softens a little before I cut in half).
- Scoop out all seeds – this takes a little while as there are a lot of seeds imbedded into the squash itself
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder (optional) with a drizzle of olive oil on top
- Place the half cut Spaghetti Squash pieces onto a baking tray and bake for 45 mins
- Once squash is cooked, using a fork and begin to string away! Glide your fork inside and strings of spaghetti should begin to form.
- Add butter (olive oil if it’s a vegan option) more salt and pepper, chili flakes, chili powder and grated cheese (minus cheese if you are vegan) and mix in well. (Other times I have also added a spoonful of green pesto – just as yummy!)
- The butter and cheese will mix in the ingredients well.
- Enjoy your Spaghetti boat!
DeepsMak blogging with a Cuppa x