We all love and know French toast, however I am a savory kind of girl, so I am always looking for a way to spice things up! Cooking eggs on toast for large parties can always be tough so this is a really quick and easy way to combine eggs and bread with an Indian twist!
All you need is the following:
- 3-4 Soft slices of bread
- Eggs ( I used 3)
- Milk ( 1/4 cup)
- Salt & Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Chili Sauce (optional)
- Turmeric powder
- Chili sauce of choice
- Crack the eggs and whisk together with milk, salt, pepper, turmeric powder, chili powder and chili sauce
- Cut your bread pieces into small squares, triangles or rectangles (whatever you prefer)
- Dip each bread piece into your egg mixture both side and leave to rest on a plate
- Repeat for each bread piece and drizzle any remaining egg mixture of the bread
- Leave to soak for up to 20 minutes
- On a wide pan (similar pan linked here), spray light oil (pam spray linked here) and on a low heat, place the masala egg breads to cook until brown on each side.
- Serve hot masala egg breads with Indian masala chai!