Who would have thunk it? Green chutney and eggs? Green chutney, cheese and cucumber sandwiches?? Say whaaaa… But trust me, I promise you, you will like it. Check out my dishes below and soon you will become a green chutney lover, like moi!
If you haven’t checked out my green chutney recipe yet, head over and take a look!! Because you are going to want to know how to make it so you can include it in these breakfast and lunch options below!!
Ingredients for green chutney Breakfast:
- Green chutney (recipe here)
- Sliced toasted bread
- Eggs (1-2)
- Parsley and Cilantro (coriander) for garnish
- Salt & Pepper
Ingredients for a green chutney Lunch:
- Green Chutney (recipe here)
- Sliced bread (toasted as optional)
- Grated or sliced cheese
- Slices of cucumber
- Salt & Pepper
Making the Breakfast option – Green Chutney with Egg on Toast:
- Put your toast into the toaster
- Spray you pan with pam spray
- Gently break your egg onto the pan, add salt and pepper and cook for around 5-7 minutes or less
- P.s. quick tip, if you want to make a sunny side up egg and you are (like me) not good at flipping the egg, cover it with a saucepan lid and it will cook over just fine!
- Whilst the egg cooks, spread green chutney (recipe here) over the toast and place in bowl.
- Finely chop some cilantro and parsley for garnish.
- Once egg is cooked, place it on the toast and sprinkle your green garnish.
- The runny egg yolk mixed with green chutney and toast is just yum! Enjoy!!
Making the Lunch option – Green Chutney, Cheese and Cucumber sandwich:
- Spread green chutney onto each side of the bread
- Place either sliced pepper jack or regular grated cheese onto one side of the bread
- Cut small round pieces of cucumber and place on top of cheese
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Close the bread and cut into sandwich pieces
- Serve with chips (crisps)
- Enjoy (I do with a cuppa tea)