Starting #meatlessmonday with a healthier version of Potato Bhajia (Maru’s Bhajia or Pakora). These remind me of my childhood in London. I love potato bhajia but as they are normally deep fried I have to restrain myself! So… I tried to bake them and it worked!! Yes that’s right baked bhajia! Now let’s get eating!!
- 4-5 potatoes
- Gram flour
- chili powder
- 1-2 fresh chilies
- fresh garlic
- fresh ginger
- a bunch of cilantro (coriander)
- Turn on oven and set to 350c
- Peal and thinly slice (like discs) 4-5 potatoes
- Mix gram flour (Chana flour), salt, chili powder, fresh ground garlic and ginger, a bunch of cilantro (coriander), 1-2 chilies and a squeeze of lemon into a mixer. (Can hand mix too if you want).
- Once your paste is made, spread over and mix into the sliced bhajia potatoes. Now add more fresh cilantro (coriander) and mix into the bhajia slices.
- Take a tray, place foil and ensure to Pam spray so potatoes don’t stick. Place bhajia potato slices onto the baking tray and bake for around 15-20 mins. As the potatoes begin to crisp, broil/ grill for the last 1-2 minutes to add a crunchy taste!!
- Take the bhajia out of the oven and enjoy hot! Tip: these are actually paired really well with my Indian red chutney (check out my blog for the recipe)!!!