It’s SuperBowl weekend which means tasty snacks GAME ON! This is a great healthy and crowd pleasing appetiser for you and your guests. Trust me, once you eat one of these, you won’t be able to stop!!
These are great little bites which do not take long to make at all. It’s filed protein and contains all nine essential amino acids. It is also a valuable plant source of iron and calcium and the minerals manganese, selenium and phosphorous. In addition, tofu is a good source of magnesium, copper, zinc and vitamin B1.
For this dish, I my very own spicy green chutney (however you can actually use any type of chutney or sauce you prefer – something like hummus would work too) and Nasoya baked tofu. I really like the baked flavour and it’s actually easier to season this type of tofu.
Since game time is soon, lets get prepping!
Prep time (including chutney) 15-20 mins
Cook time: 7-10 mins
- DeepsMak easy and tasty spicy Green Chutney
- Sesame seeds
- Salt & pepper
- Masala (paneer, taco, tandoori masala)
- Fresh Lemon
- Red chilli powder
- Garlic powder
- Bagel bites/ crackers/ small toast
- Almond milk (regular milk is also fine)
- Cut tofu pieces into small squares.
- In a separate bowl mix taco seasoning, panner masala, salt, pepper, red chilli powder and garlic powder with almond milk.
- Marinate your tofu pieces in your masala mix. Add sesame seeds and a tiny squeeze of lemon juice. Let the tofu sit for couple minutes.
- Heat pan with pam spray or light oil.
- Place marinated tofu in pan and let it cook, occasionally stirring.
- While tofu cooks, get your bagel bites and spread a medium layer of green chutney on each bagel bite.
- Add further sesame seeds and a little squeeze of lemon to the tofu (per taste).
- Once the tofu has browned, take it out of the pan and let it rest for a minute or two
- Place 1-2 tofu pieces on each bagel bite and garnish with cilantro/coriander.
- Serve a platter of yumminess!